We encourage you to review the outstanding property and casualty insurance programs available to you as members of the Louisiana Dental Association. Robert Ellis & Associates, exclusive representatives of the LDA endorsed property and casualty insurance portfolio, would be pleased to assist you in comparing your current coverage with the quality benefits and competitive pricing available through the Association plans.
For your convenience, you can also download many of the forms for your program online.
>> Go to Association Forms
As a member of the LDA, you and your employees are eligible
for one of the finest health insurance programs in the Group
insurance market. Highlights of the LDA - endorsed
Health Savings Account health insurance program that set your Association plan apart from the non-sponsored competitors are:
- Top quality benefits at competitive rates underwritten
by Companion Life Insurance Company
- Prompt professional billings and claims administration by Total Plan Services
- The LDA-sponsored program is monitored and reviewed by a committee of your peers on the Council on Insurance
- 12 month rate guarantees
- Just as premiums increase when higher claims occur, the LDA program allows participants to re-apply to lower their rates when health conditions improve
- Personal attention to your insurance needs by the professionals at Robert Ellis & Associates. If you're having a problem with claims or have a question about benefits, REA welcomes the opportunity to be of service
Whether you are interested in individual coverage or a
group plan for your staff, your LDA-sponsored health insurance program has a plan for you.
PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE: As a professional, one of the most important considerations in practice is the acquisition of top quality malpractice insurance. Your LDA-sponsored Professional Liability Insurance program provides claims made or occurrence policies at competitive pricing. Highlights of the Association plan include:
- Underwritten by the Fortress Insurance Company, rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best
- Because Fortress was created exclusively by and for dentists, your rates more accurately reflect your practice, not the losses of higher-risk physicians, surgeons or hospitals
- No Settlement Without Consent
- 10% Risk Management Credit
BUSINESS OFFICE PACKAGE: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita have underscored the importance of adequate insurance on your building and contents. Although restrictive underwriting guidelines have affected the marketplace, the professionals at Robert Ellis & Associates continue to assist clients in making sure their property coverage is adequate to cover replacement (no deduction for depreciation) cost s should they suffer a total loss due to a covered peril. Your property representatives at Robert Ellis & Associates can provide you with a detailed survey to use in determining if your current coverage is sufficient.
In reviewing your current coverage, it is also important to make certain that your property and casualty portfolio protect you against:
- COMPUTER EQUIPMENT
- VALUABLE PAPERS AND RECORDS
- BUSINESS INCOME
- COMMERCIAL GENERAL LIABILITY
- NON-OWNED AND HIRED AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE
- ERISA BONDS
- EMPLOYMENT PRACTICES LIABILITY (EPL)
WORKER’S COMPENSATION is required by Louisiana law if your employ
one or more individuals (including both full-time and part-time.) This coverage protects you against claims filed by your employees for injuries received at work.
For additional information or a premium indication on any of the products endorsed by your Association, please contact us. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service.
To learn more about the many benefits available to you as an LDA member, simply click on the LDA logo for a direct link to the LDA website.